Springtime!

Last week I woke up early in the morning; tired, dragging myself around, I was not appreciative of being rushed out of bed to go and clean out the chickens.

I stepped outside and looked around casually as I carried the cleaning items over to the chicken house...and gasped in happy surprise at what I saw.

I noticed even more when I was scrubbing down the roost, so much so that I pinched my brother's camera because I wanted to show you.

Spring crocuses:


Purple and pale lilac:


The forsythia blooms:


Unfolding its flowers:


Snowdrops:


Whiter than snow:


Crocuses on the other wall:


An overview of the snowdrops:


These are only a small selection of what I saw. There are daffodil plants just starting to glint with gold at the edge. Bluebell leaves are stirring in the dirt. Sticky new buds are appearing on nearly every tree. Life is starting again

God is not finished with you. Spring returns, and so will life for you. Lift your head and look at your future, not your present. Who you are doesn't shape your future. It's who you allow yourself to become. Fight, and with the Hand of God you will eventually win. Sit back and wail, and you become a decaying swamp of muck, useless to God, your friends and yourself. I know. I've been there. Listen. And change.

Comments

  1. Lovely flowers, and they connect nicely with the lesson... "Who you are doesn't shape your future" Love that, and it helps remind me we are seeds, we die to ourself and become the beautiful flower God designed us to be. Keep making posts like this!

    Encouragements,
    Zac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! Glad it was a blessing.

    In Christ,
    ~Jane

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ayanna Priscilla

Best Time of My Life ~ Now

My Battle with Modesty