Actors in Westerns

Andrew B.: Who is your favorite actor in westerns?

Me: Wellllll.

I only know John Wayne is pretty popular in them.

I've now seen Steve McQueen, Yul Brynner, Charles Bronson, James Coburn, Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas and Eli Wallach.

Considering that for those, three of them I associate with The Great Escape, one with The King and I, one with Zulu Dawn and one with Spartacus, I'm not really sure. :P

My favourite kind of actor is someone like Sir Alec Guinness or Sir Ben Kingsley. (Yes, I know I'm a raving Olivier fan, but I still don't think he's the creme de la creme.) And the reason for that is that it's someone who can so change with their part that if it wasn't for a certain feature in or of their face, you can't recognise them.

Richard Harris is always distinguishable by his voice. Olivier by his face. I'm not saying they're bad actors. Just that the best ones are those who change completely with their part.

And John Wayne doesn't do that. So....I've yet to make up my mind, to answer your question. :P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ayanna Priscilla

My Battle with Modesty

Best Time of My Life ~ Now