I Am Jane

My introductory OYAN topic reads as follows:

"I am Jane.

Jane Johnson. The Brit.

Some of you have never heard of me. Some of you have heard fact that is stranger than fiction. Some of you recognise me as legendary as Robin Hood. I hear fables and fantasies woven around my name that startle me.

Now is your chance to see the real me.

I have changed since I joined OYAN at 15 years of age. I am now approaching 19, and though I rarely visit (for now), I always feel like I'm coming home when I step onto a topic or see my friends gather round, or even occasionally step inside the chat. I never find a chat stay solemn for long when I'm around.

I was a girl; now I am a young woman. I've gone through some fairly unusual trials and troubles, some brought on myself, others sent to bless. Yes, to bless, for God has taught me how to see His hand in the troubles.

I am British - 3/8 English, 1/8 Irish and 1/2 Welsh. My real name is Sian, but I prefer Jane from my American friends, as I chose that for my pseudonym at the age of 8. I have published one book, "Poiema", and entered the '09 OYAN Writing Contest with "Knights in Red Coats". I have thirteen books + underway, and have for several years.

I am a Bible believing, born-again Christian, and while still striving to change the world, I know I must change first and be open to the Hand of God touching me in any area of my life to transform me to His image.

I am a Rebelutionary and a former Air Cadet Corporal in the Royal Air Force sub-branch the Air Training Corps.

Most of my friends are American; someday I would like to come over there to live.

My life at present is a strange mixture of exciting and boring. In the world's eyes, it is boring. In mine, every day with Jesus Christ is an adventure.

On OYAN, I am known by three titles - The Queen of Nicknames, The Queen of the Order of Purity and Virtue, and the Queen of OYAN. I've never claimed the last title, I mention it but for the reason that people know me by that name.

I am Jane. Treat me as an equal. Not as a legend. You'll find I'm quite ordinary.


I look forward to meeting more of you in the future. God bless!"


Sometimes I really think I'd like to write my larger story. God could use it to bless so many, someday, and open the doors to people's hearts...

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ayanna Priscilla

Best Time of My Life ~ Now

My Battle with Modesty