First Experiences

So I've had a lot of new experiences really, as God changes my life and turns it upside-down, inside-out.

I've learned to babysit, day in and day out, moving from a six-month old to five and two year olds. For a girl who wants a goal of thirty children (God and husband willing :P), maybe that's not such a bad thing!

I've learned to cope with mildly primitive living conditions, with raw emotions and trying to support other people simply by listening, to dealing with shifts and changes, to eating things I don't like, doing things I don't like.


Well, this experience was a new one, and I call it my first in home education - the reproductive system. We'll skip a small part, for while the childish candour had my sister, friends and myself in hysterical laughter, it might not be suitable for younger ears.

Jamie (5) holds up the doll that his mom uses to teach her classes. (Toni is a doula, and teaches other women.)


Jamie: "This is my baby, Rosie. Why haven't you got a baby? You('re a girl)."

Me: "Well, you see, I need a ring on my finger before I get a baby."

Jamie: *goes away and thinks about this* *returns* "How does a ring on your finger get you a baby?"

Me: "Um, well, I need a man with the ring on my finger."

Jamie: "Why do you need a man and a ring on your finger?"

Me: *deep breath* "Well, you see, um. Let's use your Daddy and Mommy as an example. See, Daddy has seeds inside of him, like seeds you put in the garden. And Mommy has eggs inside of her, like chickens. And you put the egg and the seed together, and you get a baby."

Jamie: "So babies grow?"

Me: "Yes!"

Jamie: "We'll go down town and buy you some and plant them in the garden, and then you can have a baby of your own!"

Me: "Well, you see, babies have to grow inside of their mommys' tummies."

Jamie: "How do they get in there?"

Me: "Well, it requires some kind of...operation."


End of conversation.

Kids. Don't you just love 'em! Especially when they put you on the spot.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ayanna Priscilla

Best Time of My Life ~ Now

My Battle with Modesty