Give Us This Day...

I was laughing inside a minute ago over this, and I just thought I'd share it with you.

I've always hated crusts. You know, how people favour parts on a chicken? Thigh, leg, breast, drumstick...and some people like bread slices, and some people like the crust.

I hate crusts. Always have. About two/three days ago, I opened a new packet of Hovis bread while making sandwiches for Mom, Jose and me, and realised I had to use a crust. Reluctantly I was about to put it on my plate, when I remembered. Joseph! I hurried into the next room.
"Jose, you do like crusts, don't you?"
Jose nodded.
"Yes, he does", from Mom.
I hurried back happily into the kitchen and dropped both crusts onto Joseph's plate, buttering them before putting the filling on.

Yay! I never eat crusts gracefully. Or gratefully.

Today we'd run out of bread. Except for two crusts. Mom, Sam and I were really hungry (Joseph was having seizures) Mom went to make a sandwich. Sam didn't want one, so it was only Mom and me.
A moment later, Mom walks out.
"We've got no bread!"
"Oh..." I said.
"But we have got two crusts. A crust and a sausage roll?"
"Sure!!" I agreed.

Minutes later, I was munching on a warm sausage roll and a crust of bread with cheese and onion filling, feeling extremely grateful as I was very hungry. And as I remembered that event two days or so ago, I started to laugh.

God has ways of making us be thankful for the small blessings we so easily despise! Thank You, Lord, for crusts of bread!


In Christ,
~Janie

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ayanna Priscilla

Best Time of My Life ~ Now

My Battle with Modesty