2010-2012

The parade marshall, Mr. B., and I were good friends. I gave him a Christmas card, and he gave me one in return and also a Christmas present which I still treasure and wear when I'm struggling to remember there are kind people in the world.

The Christmas card read something to the point of, "Hoping that this coming year will be as good as 2010 was for you."

I remember three months into 2011, half laughing, half crying, I turned to Mom and said, "If anyone sends me a card like that for 2012, I'm going to rip it up, burn it and send the ashes back!"

2010 and 2011 have been two of the most blessed years of my life. I fell into the deepest sins and backsliding; as a result I have seen God's greatest grace extended. I've seen Him reach out and touch a heart of stone into one that's broken and eager for His fulfillment. I've seen the world, I've seen the emptiness, I've been with the lowest of the low, and I've seen the incredible fresh glory of God in a way I've never seen it before. God is truly...beautiful. More glorious than a diamond are the many, many ways in which His Light is shown and shined.

God gave me forgiveness. Gave me love. Gave me grace. Gave me a promise of a future. Gave me mercy. Gave me a goal. A passion. A purpose. A new song in my heart; fresh praise on my lips. Friendships. Mentors. Blessings. A trip to the United States when the world seemed to stand in my way. New sight to see His incredible blessings in the midst of pain. He walked alongside my stumbling sinful self-willed path and snapped me out of it.

If God gives me a year of suffering once more, by His grace I will praise Him. It has been one of the most uniquely, tremendously blessed years of my life.

Thank You. So very, very much.

In pain, we find blessing.
In tears, we find joy.
In the storm, He brings peace.

Words that I knew. Words that now, I live. And how - beautiful, gloriously and indescribably beautiful, is that.

In Christ,
~Mademoiselle Siân Garner-Jones

Comments

  1. I'm starting to cry thinking about the fact that He brought you here through all the difficulties. I know it's just one part of what happened to you this year, but it's just amazing that you were there with us.

    <3
    -Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ayanna Priscilla

Best Time of My Life ~ Now

My Battle with Modesty