Love Is A Shelter

One of the best songs about love is in the film "Fireproof". It's written by Warren Barfield.

"Love is a shelter
In a raging storm.
Love is peace
In the middle of a war.
If we try to leave,
May God send angels to guard the door.
No, love - it's not a fight
But it's something worth fighting for."


To be honest, love feels like anything but a shelter. And right now, it feels like the raging battle.

I guess the key word there is "feels".

Those of you who follow me on Facebook will notice in the last few days I changed my relationship status back to single. (Because as we all know, nothing is official unless done on Facebook. *wry grin*)
I kinda caused a fight with Mr. C (remember, from In Love With Two Guys?), except he never fights. We're like the proverbial cat and dog. I yowl and scratch and leap and claw and he's like your faithful old Labrador...he sits there and is calm and takes it. *another wry grin*

It was a pretty big issue for me, though I can't and won't go into much detail. But yeah, I guess the relationship status change will have to signify how much.

I was angry. And hurt. And bitter. And in pain. I think I'm still a little of most, except the bitterness is replaced by confusion.

I decided that I couldn't cope any more...with the constant pain caused by this reoccurring situation. Although I couldn't love anyone the same again (and that's only understood if you know what a unique gifting this has been), I was going to leave myself open to the next relationship to come along. Thankfully, only three guys who I'd never marry pounced. :P

If you know me at all, you know that pain is something I can't stand. And to be hurting again is more than I can take.

Remember that I said the key word is "feels"?

Yeah...

Love isn't a feeling. I've preached that from here before too.

Love is a gift. A gift from God. And all love is based on the unconditional love of God. Until God Himself (who is Love) tells you to stop loving someone...you don't really have a right to.

There was, a long time ago, a dark night. A man knelt in a garden, crumpled under the weight of pain, rocking back and forth in his agony.
He had a few friends who'd come to be with him, for they had a feeling from some stuff he'd said earlier that evening that something bad was about to happen. But when he looked around at them, to find comfort in their presence there at the moment of his bitter anguish, he found that they were all asleep. And he was alone. His torment was something he'd never gone through before. It was a cool night, but his body was pouring sweat as his mind went through in every detail the agony of what was to come. And worst of all, his father's rejection. The hour when his father would see him, covered in guilt and shame, and turn away.

But - what was the horror that forced his hand to this? You see, the man was in love. A deep, committed love. And the bride that he'd chosen was filthy. She'd been created by his father, raised, nurtured, loved, cherished, made to be the son's bride for his companionship. And she'd rebelled and gone her own way. Spat in his father's face and defied him. And she'd also gone off and slept around with loads of guys, and even told people and almost believed it herself that she didn't know who they were any more.

And his father - well, he was the most perfect guy you'd ever meet. He was completely, 100% perfect. So he couldn't stand her being anywhere near him any more.
But the son had committed to loving that bride. And he loved her so much, he decided to lower himself to where she was now (he was the Crown Prince, you see) and to take her shame as her husband. And to pay the debt to allow her to come back into his father's presence. Which meant he had to die. But he also had to appear completely guilty before his father, and go through complete rejection.

I didn't have a good father, but I know something what it feels like when a father rejects you.

And he had to go through that all alone. And he loved his father so, so much...they were one in heart, mind and spirit. They did everything together. They were as one. So you can imagine in some small way what that man went through for his bride. Who didn't really have any claim on him. He'd Just chosen to love her that way.

I guess you know who I'm talking about.

Cause that Man's name is Jesus. The God-Man.

*cough* So love is commitment. Love is going through pain. Love is a choice.

If it's gifted you from God, it's nothing to lightly drop.

To be hurting again is more than I can take. But it's not more than I can take with God's Hand holding me. (Sheesh, did I Just say that...?)

If your love is struggling right now?

Go and find it shelter where it came from.

In Jesus Christ our Rock, for He is our Shelter. And yah...I'd say He knows something about love, wouldn't you?


So I'm changing my relationship status back to complicated. And this is the reason why.

Because love doesn't have to be returned, but it has to be given - no matter the cost or the pain.

Because God gave me this love, and it's nothing to throw away lightly.

Because love is not a fight. But it's something worth fighting for.


In Christ,
Mademoiselle Siân

Comments

  1. *hugs tightly* *whispers* I love you, Janey. <3

    Yours,
    Dri

    ReplyDelete
  2. *holds Dri close and whispers* I love you! *back* <3

    *cuddles Calista* <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear.... how I know what that's like. Only you see, I didn't start a fight..... he walked away. And it's hard to stay faithful, and keep loving. But when God gave the love, you can't just drop it...... you have to fight for it.
    The way you put it about Christ... amazing. I've thought of it that way many times... but for some reason the way you said it made me want to cry.
    Love is faithful, no matter what happens. No matter what they do, or what you do.... love is faithful to the end...

    Thank you deary for posting this. :) Praying for you. :)
    Love you girly. :) <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ayanna Priscilla

My Battle with Modesty

Best Time of My Life ~ Now