Broken By Love

Blubbing seems to be my favourite pastime during services at the moment. God is so loving, so tenderly caring, so very gentle.

When we expect condemnation, He tends to show more of His mercy and grace. When we're being arrogant and big-headed and hard-hearted, that's when He tends to break us.

Although I admit, you can be broken by love. It's one of the most beautiful things in this world.


Last week, Pastor Steve preached on hope. For a girl who'd been struggling a lot the past week and was wrapped in despair...it broke me with love.

The main line that I took away from it was: Hope in God when there is none - and He will give you hope.

Kristin Dodd, who I met at the Workshop 2012 and tried to reach out to help, has become MY help in so many ways. My little Hope Box, I call her. She drills into me, quite literally, not to despair and "Esperanza" - hope.

God is so good...

Then this week. There's been financial worry and other worries all week. And this morning, Dale Peterson preached on - guess what? Worry! Here's some notes I took from this morning.

Points:

1 - Putting Christ first in my life ensures that God will supply all my needs.
"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:33
Following Him brings peace.


2 - Pray and expect God to actually answer. Remember that God has three answers to prayer - Yes, No and Wait.

For
All
I
Trust
Him

I can thank Him most when I've trusted Him most.


3 - God will meet our needs when we follow His financial principles.

"A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent." Proverbs 28:20

"I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread." Psalm 37:25


4 - Be content with what you have.

"...but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent." Proverbs 28:20

"He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with increase: this is also vanity. When goods increase, they are increased that eat them: and what good is there to the owners thereof, saving the beholding of them with their eyes?" Ecclesiastes 5:10-11

Regardless of the circumstances, I can and will be happy.

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." Philippians 4:11


5 - Applying the law of the harvest.

If we sow sparingly, we will reap sparingly. (This is not regards to monetary, but in all circumstances where we worry.) Sow bountifully and reap bountifully.

"But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully." 2 Corinthians 9:6

If you lay out your life for Christ and for others, God will bless it and multiply it in ways you never expected.

"Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:" 2 Corinthians 9:7-8

God says He will supply all our needs.

Questions:

1 - What does all include?

2 - What is left for us to fear?


If we choose wisely, there is nothing to fear. I pray that this little bit will bless you as much as it did me!!

Love in Christ,
~Mademoiselle Siân

Comments

  1. It did bless...oh it did...thank you, dearie. <3

    Pip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord!! *is happy and hugs tight* I love you, Pipsqueak! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ayanna Priscilla

Best Time of My Life ~ Now

My Battle with Modesty