In Response to My Letter

Sitting in the car on the way to church yesterday, mulling over what was going on between my best friend and I, I was scrolling up and down through my MP3 player list.

I listened to Judy Rogers' "Angel Face" -

Angel face, you cannot serve two masters.
Angel face, the world will leave you cold and alone!
Angel face, you're headin' for disaster;
Can't you hear your Father callin'?
"Angel face, come back home."


I unwillingly, yet with longing, played Michael Card's "I Have Decided" -

There's a wealth of things that I professed
Or said that I believed.
But deep inside I never changed -
I guess I've been deceived.
And a voice inside kept telling me
That I'd change by and by.
But the Spirit made it clear to me -
That kind of life's a lie!

I have decided
I'm gonna live like a believer,
Turn my back on the deceiver,
Gonna live what I believe.
I have decided
Being good is just a fable;
I just can't cause I'm not able.
Gonna leave it to the Lord.


I defiantly tapped out the rhythm to Freddie Perren and Dino Fekaris's "I Will Survive" -

Go on now, go!
Walk out the door.
Just turn around now,
Cause you're not welcome any more.
Weren't you the one who tried to break me with goodbye?
Did you think I'd stumble?
You think I'd lay down and die?
Oh no, not I.
I will survive!
Oh, as long as I know how to love,
I know I'll stay alive.
And I've got all my life to live,
And I've got all my love to give,
And I'll survive!
I will survive!
Hey, hey.


Then I flipped down to the Keith Green section. I've never really liked Keith Green, Steve Green, or Michael Card. My dislike is softening a fair bit to Keith Green and Michael Card, thanks to my introductions to Tenth Avenue North and Relient K.

There's one of Keith Green's that I do really like - same as the above Michael Card is my favourite of his.
It's called, "Run to the End of the Highway". It didn't strike me the first time around as anything more special than usual, but the second time, the words caught my ear. Suddenly it seemed like it was my best friend talking straight back to me about our friendship, and letting God take control.

Well you can run to the end of the highway and not find what you're looking for,
No, it won't make your troubles disappear.
And you can search to the end of the highway and come back no better than before.
To find yourself you've got to start right here.

Well I came running when I got the news that you were leaving.
I've gotta talk some sense to you, cause I'm your friend.
You say you want to hit the road cause life is so deceiving.
Do you think it's different at the other end?

So you can run to the end of the highway and not find what you're looking for.
It won't make your troubles disappear.
And you can search to the end of the highway and come back no better than before.
To find yourself you've got to start right here.

Oh I came running when I got the news that you were crying.
Oh my friend has life been so unkind to you?
You say you want to find a place where people are not lying.
If you find a place like that I'll go there too.

Oh, you can run to the end of the highway and not find what you're looking for.
You won't make your troubles disappear.
And you can search to the end of the highway and come back no better than before.
To find yourself you've got to start right here.

Yes, to find yourself, you've got to start right here.


Comments

  1. That is one of my favorite songs by Keith Green.

    My favorite is Your Love Broke Through. Listen to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard that one before.

    And just cause I heard the song doesn't mean I'm listening to it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ayanna Priscilla

Best Time of My Life ~ Now

My Battle with Modesty