Britain's Got Talent

So I made a chicken goulashy thing for tea. :D No, it wasn't against the Daleks. *cough* It was so yummy, I wrote down the recipe before I forgot it. :D

Fry an onion in butter (preferably in a saucepan :D).
Add one can of chopped tomatoes.
Cook.
Chop in half of the chicken breast (we use a whole chicken for three days' meals).
Throw in some fresh herbs (basil, thyme and oregano) and dried herbs (basil and mixed herbs).
Mix.
Sprinkle with Spicy Chill Mix (El Paso).
Grate in some cheese.

Heat up Lemon Basmati Rice in the microwave.

For drinks, serve up bitter lemon and Tango orange.

:D

I'm lying here in bed, very, very conscious that in six hours time, I will be at the ICC in Birmingham auditioning for Britain's Got Talent.

I keep shooting between certainty of failure and positive terror. :P I know that operatic style singers aren't usually taken to kindly, I know I'm not a trained singer, I know I blush bright red when I have to sing in front of people. I know my voice could crack, although it's not likely to fail from sheer stage fright. I know the fact I've chosen not to have a backing track could make it even worse as everything will hang on my untrained voice.

I know some of my peers will think I shouldn't be going for this. I know I'm terrified of being emotionally damaged from feedback.


But I know a couple of other things too.


I know that while my singing may not be good enough to pass professionally, that it has brought beauty and joy and inspiration to others.

While it may sound displeasing to the judges, it will one day, Lord willing, delight my children.

I know that in 24 hours, this will all be over.

I know that I love singing, I always will, and it is one of the most exquisite expressions of my soul for me.

I know that while I long to earn my living by a different exercise of my voice - singing rather than phone conversations - God knows best where I should be.

I know that I am blessed with the intense amount of support from family, work colleagues and friends - especially my Yanks. :D

I know that this entire affair is in the Lord's Hands, and if this is where He wants me, as it appears to be for at least today, then He will give me courage and strength. Britain's Got Talent isn't the end of the world; Heaven and Hell are.
God has promised me that a) He will be with me always, even to the end of the age; b) to be strong and courageous, for He it is that goes with me; and c) that I can do all things through Christ Who gives me strength.


While I truly want to be successful, even though I doubt it, I know that in the end, it's where He wants me that matters. Where He has planned my life to go.

And I know it will be beautiful. :)

Love in Christ,
Mademoiselle Siân

Comments

  1. I'm praying for you, Love. Whether or not you "succeed" or "fail" in the eyes of the world isn't the point. I truly feel that the reason God is having you audition is so that you can be a light for others and show Jesus to them. He gave you your lovely voice for a reason.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jane,

    Wow! What an amazing opportunity you have. I hope for the best. Me and Zyon will be praying for you. Have fun Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. *snuggles* Whatever happens Janey-Bear, I'm here for you. Sending mental hugs and good vibes your way. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for ya, sis, and wishing many blessings on your audition.

    Much love from one of "your Yanks", ;)
    Pip <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ayanna Priscilla

My Battle with Modesty

Best Time of My Life ~ Now