Out for the Ride

Rode home on the bus yesterday after work, for the usual 45 mins - 1 hour after work.

My friend Adam from up north was chatting me about half of the way home, bless him, which helped quite a bit.

The remainder of the time I went from crying to calm to crying, until the other passengers asked if I was okay. >.>

I had my Bible with me (I usually take it to work as the only time I get to read it is on my breaks) and randomly opened it for comfort, for a sign, for anything.

I'd already flipped through it several times a day and found the marked passages from before that brought no comfort or meaning at all to a despairing heart.

I opened it this time, looked down through tear-blurred eyes and my gaze fell upon Jeremiah 31:16,17.

Thus says the Lord, “Restrain your voice from weeping and your eyes from tears; for your work will be rewarded,” declares the Lord, “And they will return from the land of the enemy. There is hope for your future,” declares the Lord, “and your children will return to their own territory.”


...bam. Wow.

Restrain your voice from weeping and your eyes from tears...they will return from the land of the enemy...there is hope for your future.


Seriously, Lord? Written well over 2000 years ago and...seriously?

Yep, very seriously.

So there is some small comfort. A tiny particle of hope. And not joyful, but not despairing as entirely as before.

God is still on the Throne.

Comments

  1. Praise the Lord!!! I prayed he would speak to your heart. :)

    Thank you, Lord....

    Love you sis!

    Pip <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful, my sister. *hugs close* Brought joyous tears to my eyes. God is just so Amazing. I praise You, Father!!!!

    I love you so much, Jane.

    ~Dri

    ReplyDelete
  3. * gets a '...bam' herself *

    * hugs tightly *

    This isn't over yet, sister.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ayanna Priscilla

Best Time of My Life ~ Now

My Battle with Modesty