When the Next Week Comes...

This week has been one of getting lost in God's presence and doing what I love most - reaching out and being there to support, encourage and lift people up in prayer together before the Lord.

Next week will be one of doubt, despair, darkness and sadness surrounding, seeping, overpowering from all directions.

Question is...will I give in? Will the darkness encompass and take over my soul, or will I let it drive me towards the Rock of Ages? Will I feed on Him and feast in Him and drown myself in Him and continue to struggle on to shine His life and His light out, or will I let go and give way piece by piece on what I believe and/or know to be true, and watch the darkness come in?

Darkness always creeps in by the shadows. But light always follows the night.

If I say, surely the darkness will overwhelm me, and the light around me will be(come) as night - (why!) even the darkness is not dark to Thee! And the night is as bright as the day!

Psalm 139


God is so kind. So gentle. Even in the cruel things, look for His sensitive touch.

Wrapped up in the peace and deliverance from (a particular) sin yesterday, two attacks came in today - minor ones, yet ones that shook me into fear.
What is fear, when submitted to God?

Nothing...because love comes in...and love conquers fear.

Love is light...and fear is darkness.

I just...love the way that those attacks are small, preparing, and He lead me back to Himself, and that when the full force hits next week...even if I let go on Him, oh boy - He's got me! Even when the worst time in our lives comes - He's got us.

I know all attacks aren't mild and preparatory... but that was just so delightfully God's kindness, I had to share it. :D

Every aspect of our lives must be continually surrendered!!

You know...I think God allows attacks to keep coming to keep our feet on the ground. Otherwise we'd end up so happy we'd end up being big-headed and unable to empathise with others where He needs us to.
And - we wouldn't grow. Pain is growth.

*is singing* Your goodness and mercy are for all generations.

~Mademoiselle Siân

Comments

  1. I pray you won't give in. I pray God will be your refuge and strength. I pray He will fill you with joy. I pray you will feel His everlasting arms wrapping oh so tight around you, my dear, dear sister.
    <3 <3 <3 Pip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very encouraging! I loved it. Thank you for that Sian!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hugs* I'll be here for you if you need me next week, Janey. Don't hesitate to chat me.
    I love you so much.
    And I have had my trials this week too... but God is still so good. And He always will be.

    ~Dri

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ayanna Priscilla

My Battle with Modesty

Best Time of My Life ~ Now