Singles' Valentine

There's just something I want to close up today's mass of posts (particularly on Facebook, though also attempted on Google Plus and a few on Twitter) with, before I go to my corner chair with my fluffy blanket and Sherlock Holmes DVD.

I truly hope that today has shown, not just from me, but from the others who have been (and on the other side of the pond, still are) participating in our Singles' Valentine, where our hearts and love truly lie.
Being single is not something to be morose and sad about. It's a joy to be able to focus heart, life and mind in, around and on Christ. Even if we feel the sting of rejection, or not being wanted, we know there IS Someone Who wants us, Who made us, Who rejoices in us, and Who loves us completely. Today is our day to celebrate loving and living for Him.

He has loved us unconditionally. His love drove Him to die for us, to bear all our sins, and to conquer death by rising from the grave. But that wasn't the end of it. No. For His love never fails.

This photo is going on my Hair page in a few minutes, but I wanted to share with you the significance of wearing the white rose in my hair today.

Roses symbolise different things, but my main understanding of the white rose is that of "love surrendered" or "love dead." When our love is fully surrendered to the cross, nailed to the submission of Christ and laid at His feet, He can use even this, the most precious thing to us, for His glory.
I don't love the guy He called me to love, any less. That's not what I mean by "love dead". I mean, even this has to be surrendered to Him. Fully. Not in half. Not by hanging on to the smallest fraction of Him.
It's His love. Given to me. Shining through me. He IS Love and He is within me. The love that He gives to me are gifts and shadows of that greater - Himself.

And so I rejoice in His love for me today, and give my love to Him. Love surrendered.


"Take my will, and make it Thine; it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own; it shall be Thy royal throne.

Take my love, my Lord, I pour at Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself, and I will be ever, only, all for Thee."


Hope to see you at our next Singles' Valentine event come February 14th, 2015, as we celebrate Him. And thank you so much to our 43 attendees this year - and those who actually posted and shared stuff.
One year nearer Home. :)

In His blessed Name and love forever more,
~Siân

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ayanna Priscilla

Best Time of My Life ~ Now

My Battle with Modesty