Fighting Songs

Pain has got me smothered in a choking atmosphere. No matter where I turn, something else hurts me. There's no light in the darkness, and I'm convinced that God has turned a blind eye or deaf ear - or worse, that He doesn't care about me at all...that I'm not really His child. I want to run, find some dark corner and curl up with my misery and find ways just to make it through to another day.

I just want to run. I hate Who I've Been. And somehow, somewhere, someday, I've got to. I just have to. I WILL Survive.

But then...now it's time to choose...the harder choice. How do we make it through pain? Who gives us the next breath? Who is the Source of peace and joy? Only there are we going to find any rest.

Come, Now Is the Time To Worship, for after all, only In Christ Alone can our Hope be found. God wants us just as we are - and the only way to even begin to fight the monster is to wield the Sword of the Spirit - and focus in on the Lord.


No matter how defeated and down I feel in my life - God is with me still and with Him, overcoming whatever I am facing IS possible.
So often, life kicks me in the teeth. So worn out, face down in the gutter and I can't look. Focusing in on the misery, I forget to focus where joy lies but He never gives up on me.


In the end, the secret of life is letting go and giving it to God. Then we can live life to the full - our eyes, hearts and minds focused in on Him, and our joy overflowing as we lose ourselves in His glory.
Let it all go. Completely.

So how is it possible to get out of the pain? Very often, it's not. The most important thing is to keep our heads above the water and keep swimming - maybe like a dying duck - but not to stop.
Remember God has not forsaken us.
How?

Counting your blessings is a good one. Make yourself look up, look around. The crocuses, the blue sky, the sun...there are 10,000 Reasons for you to find. Then start looking for the good in the bad ones.

God will break through. He is stronger than any storm you are facing. He knows the pain where you've been and He WILL carry you. He is greater than Satan. Greater than the world. Greater than the overpowering darkness. He is Light; He is Conqueror; He is Lord.
Our God is Greater and He IS Mighty To Save you from whatever mess you are drowning in.

You are More Than Useless. God will pick all the broken pieces of your heart up and He will weave them to create something beautiful.

Let It Go. He's been in the business of fixing messes since Adam and Eve sinned and destroyed perfection. And yes, He is very capable of healing you.
Not only that, but this is going to make you even stronger, like gold refined.

There's still work for you to do. Keep going. Crawl another step. You're shining brighter than you think. In weakness, He is made perfect. His light shines brightest when you are most crushed but you keep going for Him. And He will help you. He has promised. He will Raise You Up to be more than you can be.

"What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things? Who will bring a charge against God’s elect? God is the one who justifies; who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us. Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Just as it is written,

“For Your sake we are being put to death all day long;
We were considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”
But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.

For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." ~Romans 8:31-39

Perhaps you're longing for the day you can go home as much as I do. I can't even begin to imagine what it will be like to be free from this turmoil and the chains of my weak spirit and sinful heart. But someday, we'll be home. Someday soon. Every day is one less day to that day. Our Ever After.
And then, only then, we will find our place in the Son.


In Christ,
~Siân

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ayanna Priscilla

Best Time of My Life ~ Now

My Battle with Modesty