Statement of Manhood

I guess it's a pretty well known fact that I don't trust guys.

Even though I love my brothers, (I really do. You guys are awesome!), I still can't trust most of the guys I know.
(That not being entirely your faults; often it's mine, in that I feel I can't trust you because you don't know how bad I am. :P)

There are a few that made it into my closed, barred, walled and icy heart. Because when it comes to trusting, that's exactly what I am. Remember I said that was what God was working on next? :D

Those few (four/five in total) have faced every kind of backfire you could possibly imagine from me. And they still care about me. They're pretty amazing guys. God's...God works so clearly in them and through them to the people around them. To me, they're the epitome of Unconditional Love. God's Love.

It was 5am GMT, and 11pm CST, when one of these guys was up chatting me one night. I won't name him to spare him embarrassment, but he's one of my closest friends and totally awesome.

What he said that night stuck with me over the following three months until I decided to write up this blog post in honour of what, to me, was a declaration of manhood.

"You have my unconditional love as my sister in Christ.
As a man, I will strive to be faithful in our friendship as God is faithful to you in everything.
No matter how painful, or numb, or senseless you might feel right now, it will come to an end, it always does, and Jesus will come through for you
He will always come through.
It can be so hard to wait, but the wait will end
God is growing you, and has plans for your life, however bleak the present seems
He will, and is, using you to touch lives and show love for his glory
No one's life is easy, your's least of all
But it will be worth it in the end.
Persevere to the end Siân, continue to fight for life, to trust in God, and love those around you."

I still go back, read and reread that chat from time to time.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't know how much he's blessed me. He's stayed with me from the heights to the depths that so few know. And he still loves me, unconditionally, as God loves me.

That's pure love. The love that every man and woman needs to have. It's a gift; no mistake.
"Ask, and it shall be given unto you. Seek, and ye shall find. Knock and the door will be opened unto you."

"But now abide faith, hope and love - these three. But the greatest of these is love."

"Love covers a multitude of sins."

Here is Love vast as the ocean,
Lovingkindness as a flood.
When the Prince of Life, my ransom,
Shed for me His precious blood.
Who, His love, will not remember?
Who can cease to sing His praise?
He can never be forgotten
Throughout Heaven's eternal days.

Oh, the deep, deep love of Jesus,
Love of every love the best!
Tis an ocean vast of blessing,
Tis a Haven, sweet, of rest.
Oh, the deep, deep love of Jesus,
Tis a Heaven of Heavens to me.
And it lifts me up to glory -
For it lifts me up to Thee.

Men and women. Men and women of God. Can we take the same vow? To love unconditionally? Can we pray to love with the love of God - to be open vessels to love to those around us?

In Christ,
Mademoiselle Siân

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ayanna Priscilla

My Battle with Modesty

Best Time of My Life ~ Now