So Many Books

Moments before running back downstairs to make tea (yes, the meal) and then go to my sister's to read the Bible together, I take time to stop and briefly write my joy.
Mom and I just pulled three boxes out of the garage, as I start moving onto my books after sorting my clothes.

How can I tell you of my joy at seeing my treasures? For the first time in six months, I pulled my books out and caressed each cover - hardback, softback, shiny, smooth, rough, plain, decorated, cloth, plastic, laminate...

You who love books! My fellow writers and book lovers. Can you imagine what it is to have the sounds of the Tudors, the echoes of the World Wars, surround you after six months absence from almost any literature? One of the hardest things of this enforced absence has to be the zero access to my books.

With delight, I open a cover and inhale the scents...musky, dusty, old, new, inky...how familiar, and how long it has been.

Some of you will remember that I had two wall length shelves, two bookcases, one more bookshelf, two boxes full and my bed packed with books. And also, I possess over thirty books on WWII and the Holocaust alone - as further proof of my obsession. It has been so hard to be without them, and God has graciously restored them!

Thank You for this time, during which the only Book I could read has been Your Word. Thank You for having installed a desperate hunger for Your Word in my heart during this. And thank You - THANK YOU - for giving me back my books!

In Christ,
~Jane

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ayanna Priscilla

My Battle with Modesty

Best Time of My Life ~ Now