When the Hole Aches

There are two things I have learned through this long and painful walk; that God does not fill all voids and God does not heal all wounds.
I wonder why?

I think He made us deliberately to have voids He doesn't fill. Which will of course be filled when we reach Heaven - the same as we cannot be sinless now, but will be when we reach Heaven...
Voids to be surrendered to Him and for Him to give us peace over, but not necessarily to fill...


Carissa: *thinks* I have felt that, too. I am not sure exactly how to put this, though.... one thing is that I think He does heal all our wounds--but that doesn't mean the scars are gone, or that it stops hurting, only that He brings redemption. It still hurts, and honestly I don't think it will stop completely till heaven. About the voids... I don't know. I think maybe it's more that we don't realize how sufficient He is... that He is there, and He is enough. Yet... there is still the longing for human friendships that He has given. And I don't think He is meant to fill that, quite. I guess... a big part of it is just so that we realize our weakness, and our need for Him. (hopefully that made some sense... :P) All I really know is that God is good, He knows what He's doing, and He loves us.


Sometimes when the pain gets too great to bear, I walk around numb and just repeating that to myself. God is good and God loves me.


Carissa: Elisabeth Elliot talks about that in Passion and Purity some. "If the yearnings went away, what would we have to offer up to the Lord? Aren't they given to us to offer? It is the control of passion, not its eradication, that is needed. How would we learn to submit to the authority of Christ if we had nothing to submit?"


I don't pretend to understand. I figured that I'd find out, and I guess I won't. But I know God uses everything, and everything happens for a reason.

Just hold in there, guys. Trust and faith don't come by seeing. I know you're dying for the feel of something secure, of something more real than the reality of pain.
Wait. Trust Him. Trust will become your security. Faith your reality. God's got your life. Keep going. Trust Him.


I wish I had something more than this to give, this burden of my pain.

But I cannot give you anything more beautiful than what God has. He has given Himself.

~Mademoiselle Siân

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ayanna Priscilla

My Battle with Modesty

Best Time of My Life ~ Now