Ebbing Low

I got off the bus, both ear pieces in, and began to quickly stride across town towards my second bus to work.

A dark-skinned lady who got off the bus with me, paused next to me.

"Don't you come from T-?"

I stopped, puzzled.

"Sorry?"

"Don't you come on the bus from T-?"

Me: "Oh! Yes...?"

Strange Lady: "My husband and I used to live in T- area and we used to see you reading your Bible on the bus in the mornings and it really encouraged us. I just wanted to tell you, don't stop!"

I blinked back tears and gave her a hug.


It's the little things in your day to day living, that testify.
My Bible reading had dropped again recently, schedule packed, sleeping on the bus because I was tired, etc. Her comment both encouraged and shamed me.
It's funny...how much you fail to realise...even the tiny things can bless someone...just an effort to read a few verses, where and when you can, and chew them over and think on them.

Don't give up, just because you think life is a monotony, an endless boring cycle, because you're not out rescuing girls from sex trafficking, ministering to drug addicts, giving out tracts, street preaching. They're good. They're a calling.

But maybe your calling is to live life as you are. Focus it on Him. Draw near to Him. And simply, live in His presence. He'll shine out of that - cause oh, no, you can't stop Him. *smiles*

“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven."
Matthew 5:14-16


In His Name,
Mademoiselle Siân

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ayanna Priscilla

My Battle with Modesty

Best Time of My Life ~ Now