Warring Twins ~ A Short Story

Once upon a time, there were two men.
They were born together, lived together, ate together, worked together, slept together. They were Siamese twins, perfect reproductions of each other in every mannerism. Except two things were strange.

They looked the same as one man. Each had exactly half of that one body that they shared.

The one had been born years before the other, corrupted from what it was meant to be.
The soul that they shared was rotten through, but there remained within a touch of the original design, a thread of what it was meant to running through its core.

One day, the breath of the original Designer, the One Who made the whole man with the perfect soul before the Corruption fell upon it, stirred the dust and bit through the grit on that soul.

He brought it to life, once again, and the original Soul, faced with the choice between the Old Familiar, that is and never should have been, and the New Unknown, which is ageless and timeless, chose the New Unknown and reached out for the original Designer.

At that point, the second Twin was born.


Now began a battle. A battle royal that was to continue for the rest of their lives. Oh, what a war...

Meshed within one body, the Twins hated one another, constantly straining, warring, disputing, subjecting one another.

The second Twin strove for purity. For love, for trust, for prayer and passion, for honour and right, to constantly strive to follow the Master he loved as much as the weak confines of his fleshly limits allowed, as much as the corrupted, tainted Soul with that thread of Righteousness could expand.

The second Twin strove to open the doors to that Soul, that the beaming Light of the Original Designer would rush in and obliterate and cleanse the taint of Corruption.

The first Twin strove for familiarity and comfort. For self, for fear, for security, for obsessiveness. To use others, to create a world centred around self and close down eyes and ears to everything and everyone else.


The first Twin was powerful, for he had controlled the entire body, while not possessing it, for years, and he was not willing in the slightest, he that wished to bend the world to his regime and mind, to relinquish the slightest hold on something this near to him.

The second Twin was weak. He was new, he was fighting against half of a mind that had controlled his body for years. But his strength was so much more powerful than the First, in this.

The original Designer fought for him. Nothing he did, he was able to do of himself and in himself. But his will and his heart, feeble as they were, were for the original Designer and trusted in His strength to bring them through.


The second Twin failed often, as his weaker mind was paralysed by the tentacles of the First, who would, on many occasions, reach out and try to bring him under the old ways, and he, because of his unusedness to this life and the mighty struggle he was born into, caved in.

But he never gave in. The original Designer had brought him to life, and loved and guided him through every battle, forgiving those he lost, helping him win those that he gave over to Him. And he knew Who would win the war, between the original Designer and the foul Corruption.

The first Twin fought on to the bitter end. He could never change. The good perfectness had completely gone from him. He was corrupted to the core.

It is a struggle for life and death, and it only ends when the fleshly aspect ceases to be, torn asunder by the bitter conflict, and the struggle is taken before the perfect original Designer.

A war in the soul.



For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin. For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate.

But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good. So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me. For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not.

For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.

I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good. For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man, but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members.

Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

Romans 7:14-25


In Christ,
~Mademoiselle Siân

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ayanna Priscilla

Best Time of My Life ~ Now

My Battle with Modesty