Of Three Trivial Things

My highest blog post views tend to be when the title contains the words love, marriage or something pertaining to it. I'm guessing that's because a) it's the most important subject in human life - being loved - and b) due to the fairly young/marital age range of my readers.

Interesting note one.

I came home from work today panicking somewhat inside due to being overdrawn again at the bank, wondering - again - why God hasn't yet met my financial needs. Then I turn around to see a new brown top with my floppy brown hat.




I had to laugh. It was like He'd slipped a finger under my chin, looked into my eyes and said with a smile, "Sian, I'm looking after your material needs. Trust Me with the rest!"
Truly, I can trust Him to supply all my needs when I need, though not necessarily my wants - or my needs when I want. So I may as well keep working and singing and leave Him with my worries too.

Interesting note two.

I have always, to some degree, disfavoured e-books, Kindles, etc. To me, there is something entirely wonderful in possessing your own personal copy of a book, to store, to treasure, to hold, to savour, to curl up with and read. This is the reason that my biggest dowry is my library. E-books store them all in one little neat compact place; small, concise, easily accessible. The tecchy-loving side of me is at war with my old-fashioned, classical love of books.

As a working woman, I find it hard to read nowadays. I've read about three books from the start of my working life until now. Barring, of course, the huge adventure of the entire collection of Sherlock Holmes. <3 As the people who really know me are aware, my new phone and I are very deeply in love. Jess accuses us of being inseparable. Which is kinda true. :D I found this cute little app on my phone called "Play Books", opened it, and was delighted to find three books - FULL books. "The Three Musketeers", which has always been one of my favourites and I haven't seen since we left home, "Treasure Island" which I've never actually fully read and "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" - another favourite. So I started on "The Three Musketeers". Not only was I delighted to find it wasn't an abridged version, but also that I can't skip ahead. Anyone who knows me knows I have a really bad habit of reading the first couple of chapters, reading the end of the book, going back and reading halfway from the middle through to the end, and then abandoning it. I'm reading "The Three Musketeers" more in-depth than ever before. But last night I found the lovely little button called "Play Store". OOOOOH, YES. You can pay up to £11 for books on there! O.O However, there were also a lot of books that were free. >:D My little "Play Books" app now has both classics I've read and classics I haven't on there -

Shirley - Charlotte Bronte (unread)
Northanger Abbey - Jane Austen (unread)
Oliver Twist - Charles Dickens
Great Expectations - Charles Dickens
Around the World in Eighty Days - Jules Verne
Paradise Lost - John Milton (unread)
Emma - Jane Austen (unread)
Silas Marner, Weaver of Raveloe - George Eliot
The Odyssey - Homer (unread)
Hamlet - William Shakespeare
Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
The Importance of Being Earnest - Oscar Wilde (unread)
A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens
Macbeth - William Shakespeare
The Scarlet Letter - Nathaniel Hawthorne (unread)
Les Miserables - Victor Hugo (part unread)

Imagine my joy!

Also, some of those that cost, I'm going to look at actually buying. :D Well. Probably some of the above too. I can barely wait to start reading!

Interesting fact three.

There you go! Hope I've bored you sufficiently. ;)

~Mademoiselle Siân

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ayanna Priscilla

My Battle with Modesty

Best Time of My Life ~ Now