Desire

I want adventure in the great wide somewhere!
I want it more than I can tell.
And for once, it must be grand
To have someone understand;
I want so much more than they've got planned...

(BEAUTY AND THE BEAST)


ROSE: But what do I do every day, Mum? What do I do? Get up, catch the bus, go to work, come back home, eat chips and go to bed. Is that it?

MICKEY: It's what the rest of us do.

ROSE: But I can't!

MICKEY: Why, cause you're better than us?

ROSE: No, I didn't mean that! It was...it was a better life. An' I don't mean all the travelling an' seeing aliens and spaceships and things. That don't matter. The Doctor showed me a better way of livin' your life. (TO MICKEY:) You know, he showed you too. That you don't just give up. You don't just let things happen. You make a stand, you say no. You have the guts to do what's right when everyone else just runs away and I can't... *RUNS OUT*

(DOCTOR WHO; Series 1, Episode 13 - THE PARTING OF THE WAYS)


Purify my heart
Let me be as gold and precious silver
Purify my heart
Let me be as gold, pure gold

Refiner's fire
My heart's one desire
Is to be holy
Set apart for You Lord
I choose to be holy
Set apart for You my Master
Ready to do Your will


(BRIAN DOERKSEN)

What I want from life. :)

THERE IS ONLY ONE LIFE.

People say God put us here on earth to get ready for Heaven. It's an airport. Get ready for the takeoff. We live to die - first to ourselves, then completely.

Then we become completely alive in Him.

If we're here to prepare for that moment, I want to make the best of it that I can.

It's been frustrating me recently that all I do is get up, run out the house in ten minutes (cause I don't want to get up), go to work, work, come home on the bus, eat tea, maybe watch a film, get online, collapse exhausted and barely do anything on there, go to bed - repeat cycle. Five days a week.

If I make every moment of that count for Christ, even if it's just reading the Bible every spare chance I get, then it's gonna be worth it, somewhere. :)

Make the most of living. Don't give in to the pressure, the darkness and despair of the dullness. Hope on! You have only one!

~Mademoiselle Siân

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ayanna Priscilla

Best Time of My Life ~ Now

My Battle with Modesty