Digging Dinner

I'm presumin' we're going to be eating these for Christmas dinner. :D

Mom and I have looked after these potatoes since Uncle Peter planted them for Mom. Mom's becoming quite a gardening person again now. :D

Mom's done the majority of the caring. I've watered them a couple of times, done the hoeing (to my knowledge) and for the past six weeks have been trying to find time (in daylight) to dig them up.
Reasons being, I work 9-5, Monday to Friday. It's dark when I leave home at 0730 and dark when I return at 1820. Saturdays I've been out with cadets or doing something else. And Sundays is church or something else.

Today, I got a half day's paid holiday from work. :D So from 3 (when I got home) til 4:30, I dug up two of the three rows of potatoes. :D

This is me swinging the hoe into the dirt. I swung it so hard a couple of times that sparks flew off the rocks...yeah, it surprised me, too! :D



The rocks and the potatoes looked so alike at times I got confused!



My method of testing which is potato and which is rock?



Look at de potties!! :D



The potatoes, the hoe, the rows, the dirt and me. :D



Hope you enjoyed! :D

Comments

  1. Awesome. =)

    Nice necklace Janey. ;) =)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *laughs* Looks like you had fun. :) So what exactly was your method in discerning rock from potato? Throwing them against the brick wall? :P

    <3 Pip

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love growing potatoes. They're fun. And digging them up is like a treasure hunt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't food neat when you go through the whole cycle of bringing it from seed to table? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ayanna Priscilla

Best Time of My Life ~ Now

My Battle with Modesty