NO MORE! - My Addiction

Games are addictive. Some of them.

I love games that make you think - games like chess, Tetris, Articulate. Mind challenging games. But then there's the wonderful world of Facebook that adds more addictive games than you can imagine.

About four months ago, now, I went back to playing Farmville on Facebook after a couple of years ranting against games like these. Admittedly, it saved my bacon at the time.
It's quite a simple little game - you plant plots of dirt, grow crops, raise animals, cook and sell food on the market, water trees, visit neighbours. It's fun, and relaxing. Especially with the wind and bird noises.

Recently I started monitoring my time spent during a day. Since my life is God's, I want to use it to the best of my ability to His glory. I have only one life to live, and when I'm called to account for it, I want to have used it wisely.

As previously said, I used to play online games a lot, then turned against them. I was asked to blog about it then, but didn't, so three or so years late - here you go! :P

On the time monitor, I figured that roughly, I was spending 10 minutes a day on playing Farmville. Sure, it isn't a lot compared to when I was backsliding - that was whole days in my room on games!

But. 10 minutes a day. That's 70 minutes a week - 1 hour and 10 minutes. That's 3640 minutes a year. 60 hours? I think, if my maths is right! Which works out at just under 3 days of nonstop playing.

...responsible? Yeah, sure. There are hurting people out there. I want my life to be sold out for Christ. How do I get to help people or become more like Christ by spending 3 days playing a Facebook game?

Yep, I'm supposed to relax. How about curling up with the Bible, or starting on that lengthy prayer list?


So yes...I'm again abandoning Facebook games. May this time be more successful - and more profitable!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ayanna Priscilla

Best Time of My Life ~ Now

My Battle with Modesty