Temptation

So Mandisa is playin' and my fingers are a'clickin' and my mind is a'whirlin' and I canna' sit still more'n a minute. :P

Well. Sort of.

I decided to do NaNoWriMo this month...on top of the whirlwind rush which comes with five weekends left to your mother's wedding...six to Christmas.
On top of moving house, packing one room and unpacking the other (I'm SO thankful I get to do this slowly so I can sort through my possessions! It's just so hard to throw away.)
On top of work.
On top of overtime.
On top of shopping and mince pies and marzipan fruits and putting the decorations up.
On top of starting to sort out social media (though I think I shall leave the main whack of that until after the New Year - when I'm jobhunting. :P )
On top of my mind thinking and thinking and planning my year ahead and actually...seeing a light at the end of the tunnel which doesn't seem to be the train heading straight for us.

NaNo is probably not the best idea I've ever had, and probably not the best time in life I could have had it. However. I really want to write again. I mean, REALLY want to write. And this is more like a trigger being pulled than anything. I don't think I'll hit the word limit. But I developed a story plot in two and a half hours and I have a novel idea. (BAD PUN.)

Running four chats, thinking about my autobiography, about to start typing up the bit of NaNoWriMo I started today, starting the clearing of the debts God graciously provided through the car accident, clearing emails, keeping FB under control, clearing Twitter, thinking about packing my room up this week.

I still have to write up some of my adventures in the USA for you, though some are - and will be - too soul shifting for me to share.
I could probably scrape my heart open if it didn't involve other dear people as well, though, so. Yah.
To be honest, the Lord hasn't finished even now. I was expecting a cessation of heart wrenching when I got home, but it hasn't yet. I think there's some deep stuff He has to sift even yet. Somehow that doesn't surprise me.

So with all this glowing gloriously before me, and my precious notepad jotted with everything I must do in it to the side (ridiculous things, including reminding me to trim my nails and remind Mom about something :P) life sounds so devotedly easy.


But there is a dark lurking monster on my left. Two. One is big and rectangular and perched magically on the wall. The other is long and slim and rectangular and lying flat on the table. It has some pretty coloured buttons on it and IF I press three buttons, a Timelord and his TARDIS will whirl into my life.

And I can't tell you how tempting it is. :P

But.

I've watched Doctor Who before. And this is a quiet spell I don't usually get. So. DELIVER US FROM THE TEMPTATION OF TV AND 'TROLS AND TIMELORDS AND TARDISES.

Amen.

In fun and in Christ,
~Mademoiselle Siân

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ayanna Priscilla

Best Time of My Life ~ Now

My Battle with Modesty